Monday 7 March 2022

Mi-Asma - The Dirtiest Game (War)

last few days I'm working on digitalizing of old tapes and other stuff released by Mentalna Smrt label (damn, this was already ten years ago, how?!) and felt strong nostalgia for bands from Požega, especially for Hellback and one with another I dig out this gem, an original and inspiration for Hellback's Najprljavija Igra (Život), song by Greek band Mi-Asma - The Dirtiest Game (War) published on awesome and legendary double comp. LP  "VA - Bullshit Detector #4" from 1994 (on which, btw appeared Antitude, Gruuthaagy and Apatridi among others).. I don't know its exactly lyrics (to me it sounds like it's on Greek, actually I'm pretty sure in that and on the booklet or cover of LP there's English translation, can be seen in the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKBJ8suyILI , although hard to read) but I like how Hellback changed "war" in the title with "life", it makes it more heavy.. I can't decide which version is better to me, but one is sure, both are masterpieces.. enjoy..


Mi-Asma - The Dirtiest Game (War)



Hellback - Najprljavija Igra (Život)



No comments: