Monday 30 June 2014

PANKEA #1, #2 fanzine


considering some things I heard about this fanzine from my friends who read it before me and after reading few reviews in some other 'zines I was sure I would not like it but I was so wrong.. this is very good, actually I think this is my favorite domestic 'zine at the moment, especially 1st number, but let's start from the beginning..
so, Pankea is 'zine from Rijeka, made by two individuals, written on Croatian and the main focus isn't only on music but it consists of bunch of columns and texts about various themes, mostly related to the hc punk scene but some other as well.. 1st number is made completely of columns, few fanzine and record reviews and one long story for which they stole footnotes from "Toward the creative nothing and other writings" by Enzo Novotore and  fit them into their story, that was kinda interesting idea and turn out nice.. all together it has 28 A4 pages which makes just enough of material.. in whole 'zine there is some personal touch, and you get feel as you get to know the authors just from their texts, but that's of course just feeling 'cause you can't know someone just from his 'zine (there is one text or it's just mentioned somewhere in the 'zine, not sure if in 1st or 2nd number, bringing out that topic and they're right about this)

in 2nd issue again columns are prevalent in the content and beside them there are also an extensive Bastinados / Bosonogo Djetinjstvo tour report, interview with Pasi and again some reviews.. columns are the best part of this 'zine, some are better and some aren't just that good but they sure are interesting for reading.. it hates me to write about what all of them are, but I must single out one in which author is writing about homophobia from side of sport supporters in which he lists a bunch of examples and arguments which proves that they are undercover gays and that they just need to realize that, it's of course written with healthy doze of irony and sarcasm and he really nail it with this one, hehe..
this issue has 40 pages, again on A4 format.. even if they were aware of the fact that they have a lot of unused space in 1st issue, when it's about design they didn't correct that in 2nd, even there are bigger fonts on some pages and that is the only thing they should work on to improve it.. it's sure that all could fit in less pages.. I know, I'm boring already with this one, but this is probably the 1st thing I notice when having some 'zine in my hands..
the price is, as they said, flexible - they better prefer trade for some other 'zine or for a beer and it's available on some distros or write at:

-contact: antipunk84@gmail.com
              neumijko@gmail.com  

No comments: