Tuesday 26 June 2012

CAMPUS STERMINII - Life Is A Nightmarish Struggle LP (2009)

after a demo and a few split vinyls (w Disgusting Lies and Nulla Osta) Campus Sterminii are back with this long play record and theirs best quality material 'till now.. when I say best quality, 1st I think on progress in quality of playing and production considering of theirs previous releases.. I don't really like when bands are improving and progressing like this 'cause I like rawest and filthiest recordings much, but this isn't case this time.. I think, sound is a little bit more metal (some new guitar riffs, etc.) but still this is good old crust punk, now only with influences from bands such as Deviated Instinct, Hellshock and mostly darker crew of bands..
vinyl is released by Agipunk records, behind which are standing some of band members, and there are 500 copy pressed..
we have here 10 excellent songs + intro, all that packed in beautiful black jacket with great artwork by Steve from Visions of War.. on inlay we have lyrics on english and italian and explanations of the same.. btw lyrics are surprisingly good and besides usual crust themes (while you will listening song Wasteland you will fell like sky will really became black and that the apocalypse and the end of the world are here..) are also about life, choose of  individuals how to live their life, anti system themes, etc..
I listen this as a mp3 file already for a long time and recently I have chance to listen it on my turntable because I borrowed the vinyl from my friend and just now I can get the full experience of this greatness..
anyhow, great band and great record full of angry metal punk crust and unbelievable energy which force you to listen this again and again.. I'm sure that this record will become "classic" one day if it's already not..
I think that you can buy it from www.agipunk.com for 8 euros or from numerous distribution all around the globe.. also it easy to find links for downloading this as mp3 files..

No comments: