Thursday 28 March 2024

HIATUS - live @ DIY Hardcore Punk Fest, Gdynia 01.04.2023. - video

 


just the other night I was watching this video at youtube, was thinking how it's interesting that I can watch it in full length without getting bored, same as bunch of others uploaded in last few years, doesn't matter of similar or the same set list.. after this I found the one from Bradford (from 1 in 12 club) and was thinking that I should post them here at blog because both are awesome, not minding I already post more than few of them already before, then I lost myself in some even more awesome and wild from 90s and only after 2 or 3 hours realize that I should probably get some sleep.. because Hiatus is and always was just like that - awesome, energetic and inspirational band and after every listen you just want more of it.. but more than anything, the whole time watching and listening to those I was wondering from where the hell Willy still gets strength, enthusiasm and will for singing with such power.. yes we all knew he was sick, probably he was also aware more than anyone that he is close to the end, so most likely he wanted to spend those last months/years doing what he did the best for the majority of his life - being crust punk vocalist, one of the best and most influential and inspirational ever.. and I'm super glad he found the energy and strength for it, singing all over the Europe and even Brazil in last few years, make one more album with Hiatus and so on..
I didn't knew him personally, luckily was watching him once or twice with Visions of War (unfortunately never with Hiatus, and I was having so good opportunity last year while they were playing on Monteparadiso festival) but after decades of listening his voice on tapes, vinyl or online, watching various videos, listening hundreds and hundreds Hiatus inspired bands or their covers played by the same, I'm immensely sad now and feel like I lost a friend.. 
R.I.P. WILLY.. your legacy will live forever and you won't be forgotten..

"I did not ask to be born in here
I don't need that world, leave me"
 
 
 

No comments: