Tuesday 6 May 2014

just a quick review on last Saturday's gig in Zagreb

ufff, I wasn't on ANY gig since June last year, as of lack of money and fckd up financial situation due to some generally state of depression I'm in last couple of months, and if you know that gigs and music in general are drugs to me, then, well... shits just got serious..
but finally the time for going on gig has come and not on any gig but The Gig.. 4 bands that were active in 90's and early 00's (actually 3, 'cause Faak Am See are something younger and more recent band), on which I grew up and which sure have some influences on me as a person (especially here I mean for Hoću? Neću!)..
gig was taking place at AKC Medika in Zagreb.. impatience and expectations were huge  and more or less everything was going perfect that day, I collect some money for the ticket and gas, pick up a proper crew with me, get great Razlog Za t-shirt from a friend (thanks L), buy 2 new 'zines, saw 4 great bands and hear an opinion about gig and comparison of this gig with one previous that we were at a year ago from a friend who usually don't go on such events.. what more do you need!?.. well, the only thing missing was if I could drink some beers with friends, not to get drunk, just have a beer or four just for the mood, you know what I think, but it ain't happen 'cause I was driving..
1st band on stage were Raspad Sistema which warm up the atmosphere just well, on last 2 songs they changed line up and drunk guys from Požega (who were playing with them in some period in the past) joined them on the stage.. and yes last song was cover of Scuffy Dog's Revolucija..
after them Faak Am See from which I like more some old songs, and couple of those latest with more grind influences are not so good to me.. they play two covers at the end and those are punk anthems here in Croatia Industrijski Raj by Radikalna Promjena and Fight Back's Pank Pankerima..
just when it started seems to me that I was having too big expectation from this gig on stage came girls from La Kurtizana and they definitely started to arouse that 90's/00's spirit among the crew..
and then something extraordinary, to be honest congratulations goes to all the bands that night, but hey, what a great band are those guys from Hoću? Neću!.. I'm not sure who of them is original member from the beginnings of this band and if someone is actually but I don't care cause they were playing and performing GREAT!.. there was a lot of talking between songs, giving some presents to the crowd and all other interaction with people - singing, crowd surfing, stage diving, giving lyrics on paper, etc.. when they started to play it bring down on me such strong memories, emotions, such energy, I remembered almost all the lyrics even if I didn't listen their old tapes or anything else lately, simply they made me speechless.. the best atmosphere was on the songs Bednik and Pas Moj Prijatelj (dog - my friend O.E., when people in the crowd started to wail and bark like dogs in the intro of the song and I think every single person in the club who knew the lyrics start to sing), they play those two at the end for the bis, as well.. they also play two covers of another legendary Serbian band Totalni Promašaj and those were Uličar and Prodane Duše.. someone may say that their lyrics aren't actual today but I think they are, maybe even more then in the past (except those about the war in 90's in this our area) and it's good to show younger crew what was lyrics about back then and what efforts had bands putting in developing of social awareness and in bringing down the walls of nationalism and war between the people from the "scene".. yeah, there can be lyrics about something else but the apocalypse and nuclear bombs, you know.. after all, I don't know what they are waiting for, they should make some new songs and play all the time..
okay, I already say more than I wanted to (I just wanted to say how this gig was awesome and how I am happy that I had an opportunity to see Hoću? Neću!, but my fingers won't stop typing hehe..), so I will stop now.. just to say thanks to people who get an idea for organizing this and hello to everyone who were there and support this event, at the end everyone were happy as I see, all the bands, same as people who came.. I think I'm ready for another 10 months of gigs abstinence, heheh..

here are some videos for everyone who wasn't there, but to be honest any video can't evoke the real atmosphere from the gig.. thanx to uploaders missxdoekejos and Subsite TV..











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

definitivno koncert za pamčenje..
odlična svirka uz još bolje Staročeško..
štakor

..crucified freedom.. said...

vidiš i to sam pozabil.. već dugo nekog nisam videl tak sretnog ko tebe dok si staročeško skužil :)
baš sve se je posložilo kak treba biti..

Anonymous said...

tulim dok čitam ovo
J

..crucified freedom.. said...

neću ti stavljati soli na ranu, ali i trebaš, heheh..
al ono rekli su da opet budu za kojih 10 godina svirali, mislim la kurtizana i hoću neću pa nije bed, bude još prilike, hehe..