Saturday 13 August 2022

LAST LEGION ALIVE live @ Stonerizer Fest X, July 2012, Rtanj (Serbia) - video

 



hey, what a band this was.. Last Legion Alive, awesome stench crust from Belgium squats.. first time heard about them during my space era where they had profile and player with just two or 3 tracks but I immediately fell in love with them.. one of those bands for which I'm so sorry they existed for such a short time, only 4 years, but during those couple of years they leave huge legacy, not so many records but they toured a lot and get well known in crust circles..

I remember their gig from Medika in Zagreb back then in 2010, what a night, gig and fun it was.. after this live experience they only get bigger in my eyes (and ears).. even I did some interview with them for crucified freedom, later also published in Mentalna Smrt fanzine #1.. old reader of the blog probably remember my obsession with them which resulted by bunch of posts related to their work..
except demo recordings on CD they also had two split LP's, one with Hellstorm and the other with Cancer Spreading, it can be easily said that both of them are already crust core classics and will become even bigger in the future, I'm sure in that.. also some 6-way split tape was in plans with Contagium, Defy and others but as far as I know it didn't happen.. still, if they lasted until these days I'm sure they
would be headlining every crust festival across the Europe, maybe even wider..

anyhow, two years later they were again on tour in this area, Ljubljana, Zagreb and Rijeka as well and among others they played on Stonerizer festival in Serbia from where this video is from.. I'm so sorry I missed them during this tour because just few months later, in 2013 they stopped as a band and play their farewell show at Scum fest in London..

okay, max up the volume play the video and enjoy the stench!..

No comments: